Friday, December 18, 2009

Angelus

Tis the season...for making beaded gifts!

This necklace is winging it's way to its new owner as we speak, just in time for Christmas. I have named her 'Angelus' which is Latin for 'angel'...the central motif looked angel-like to me:


It was frustratingly difficult to take a decent photo of this piece. The twisted hematite bugle beads are so sparkly in real life, as are the crystal AB rondelles. Anyway, you get the idea:


Detail of the central 'angel-like' motif:

I wanted the double-sided toggle clasp to reflect the rest of the necklace design. And this is what I came up with. What do you think, does it work?:


The whole design came together so quickly, starting with the central motif, as if by magic. Don't you love it when pieces work that way! :)

3 comments:

  1. Eh gads I've been awful with visiting lately, I'm SO sorry! This necklace is spectacular, I just adore it!

    I hope your holidays are enjoyable in your new home and the season is warm and bright for you all!
    Hugs♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! XO
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sharon, I know exactly what you mean! Since Jett arrived in July, I have been so terrible with keeping track of what all my blog friends are up to. It will get easier as he gets older though :) I hope that you and your gorgeous family are enjoying the holiday season. Happy 2010 ♥

    Thank you so much, Nina! I wish you a wonderful and prosperous new year. B ☺

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

B.
-xo-