Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Do I look like Mickey Mouse to you?

Over the years, I've been told I look like anyone from Kate Hudson ...
*flattered*

... to Britney Spears from side on...
*hmmm*

...but I've never, ever been told that I look like Mickey Mouse ...


...until yesterday.


I was hammering away at my workbench, wearing my husband's very fashionable ear muffs, when my three year old daughter came out to see what I was doing...


...and this is what she saw...




Mickey Mouse?


India decided she wanted to look like Mickey Mouse too...



...and Jett decided that it would be the perfect time to steal my nylon hammer...


...and tripod...


...and make alphabet soup with my letter stamps.

*le sigh*

There is never a dull moment!


Amidst the chaos, I did manage a little creativity...




...an exercise in experimenting...


...and learning new techniques.




Many hours of soldering and pickling...


...and soldering and grumbling late last night...


...and I have a pretty little pendant that is ready to be given a pretty patina.


But you will have to wait until tomorrow to see it!


~*~


Have you ever been told that you look like someone?


9 comments:

  1. I've been told a couple of times (on good days) that I look like Kate, from the tv show Lost (** googling her real name**....Evangeline Lily). I've also been told (on very good days) that I look like Kate Beckinsale.
    Most days, I think I more closely resemble a rag doll that shouldn't have gone through the washing machine but did - and so I cherish those particular "You look likes" to tell myself on days when I need a boost......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandra Bullock....but the guy was drunk and sitting outside of a Wal-Mart, so I tend not to take him seriously. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope not me but you do wear Mickey Mouse well! I can't wait to see what you have in store for us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm...when I was younger, I was told that I often resembled Molly Ringwald and the Statue of Liberty!
    I like the Mickey Mouse ears...hmmm...I may have to get me some of those! :-)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm, someone once told me he knew someone that looked just like me. He asked if I had a twin, tee hee. To me you look like an artist hard at work in her creations and also like a wonderful mother with beautiful children. Happy Holidays to you Belinda. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hee hee that is so cute!

    Many years ago whilst having my hair cut in Sydney I was told I look like the model, Paulina Porizkova. It was the only time I have ever been likened to her so I reckon the hairdresser must have been high on hair dye or perm solution!

    P.S. don't forget to check out my Ice Queen collar... I didn't win but thought you'd like to see it seems you were so encouraging with it being my first collar piece!

    Karyn ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. *lol* Yes, Mickey Mouse! And your two kids are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...so cute, all this picture are so lovely, Micky Mouse i like it ;-)... your pendant is so beautiful, you are a great designer!! Gratulation... kisses Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elizabeth, I would be thrilled to be compared to Evangeline Lilly or Kate Beckinsale! And I'm sure you never look like a rag doll ;-)

    Marcie, that's hilarious! Bwahahahahahaha Yeah, I would tend not to believe a drunk guy outside Walmart either ;-) In your profile pic, you actually look very similar to a girl I used to work with! LOL

    Thank you Kristen...I think the Mickey Mouse ears are rather fetching ;-) LOL

    Michelle, I think that's awesome to be told you look like the Statue of Liberty! And Molly Ringwald is equally awesome :-)

    Karyn, how great to be told you look like a model! Love it!! Oooh, I must go and check out your Ice Queen collar...life's been rather crazy lately so I've been a little slack keeping up-to-date with all of my blog buddies. I'm sure your collar is exquisite, and you should be so proud of yourself for finishing it! B. -xo-

    Thanks Kokopelli! ;-)

    Thank you Andrea, you are too kind! I'm really glad that you enjoyed looking at my pictures...I love sharing them with you :-) B. -xo-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

B.
-xo-