Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I ♥ surprises...and sawing

A mysterious parcel arrived on my doorstep the other day...


I love surprises...don't you?

I cautiously peeled open the box,

sifted through the packaging peanuts,

and there was a letter from the lovely people at Rings & Things...


Sweet!

I was one of the lucky blog partners to win a February goodie pack.

Look what they sent me...!


Some honkin' great big slabs of Lime Magnesite...


...these are seriously gorgeous,

seriously BIG,


and I'm going to create something seriously cool with them! ;-D

I also received some colourful Fair Trade Ugandan Paper Beads...


...and the sweetest little Raw Brass Flowers Charms...


I'm going to have loads of fun creating with all of these goodies...stay tuned!

If you like surprises too, then you'll want to sign up for the Rings & Things Blog Partner Program :-)

~*~

This week, I have been busy in the studio with custom orders,

including one which definitely satisfies my insatiable need to saw!

It started with a few sketches,

a turtle and a lily...
(which will be a bracelet and necklace set for two sweet little girls)


...I can't tell you how much fun I had sawing these...
(I know, I really need to get out of the house more...)


...and then I got to try out my brand new 2.5mm letter stamps...


...and the necklaces are starting to take shape...


Such fun!

Have you had any lovely surprises this week...?

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on winning! Always fun to receive surprise packages :o)

    Love the turtle. Sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your win - isn't it fun to be the winner of something. I won 2 cabochons today from Heart of Stone - I am so excited. Love the little necklaces and I am sure the girls will also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing beats surprises especially when beads are involved! I love your necklaces - the wee little turtle is adorable. I am sure there will be two very happy little ladies!

    Karyn ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tess...surprises are the best! :-) I hope little Maddison loves the turtle too!

    Thanks Sandi! Yes, I saw you were the lucky winner of not one, but TWO, stunning cabs from Heart of Stone...I think you need to go out and buy yourself a lottery ticket today ;-)

    I know, Karyn....beady surprises are definitely the best kind ;-) I hope the girls love their jewellery...I'm certainly having lots of fun making it!

    Thanks Olga :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo!! That was certainly a nice package to receive, have lots of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Lenita! I actually thought of you when I pulled out those giant slabs of Lime Magnesite...I know how much you love a nice piece of statement jewellery, and these beauties are definitely going to make a statement!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are gorgeous aren't they, Lori! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

B.
-xo-