Saturday, July 3, 2010

Treasury Fun

Have you ever created a mood board?


A collection of images, textures, swatches, words and anything else that helps to create a 'mood' based on a theme, or for inspiration, when you are designing.  I enjoy creating mood boards when ideas pop into my head for a new creation, or a new collection.  They help keep me on track, because I have been known to lose my way and start travelling along a different path... ;-)


I have recently discovered how much fun it can be to create an Etsy treasury...it's just like creating a mood board, and just as much fun.


L'Absinthe

You can find this treasury here


Terracotta


You can find this treasury here


On The Spice Trail

You can find this treasury here


**Update - 'On The Spice Trail' made the front page of Etsy....wooooo!**


Every now and then, it is nice to take a step back from working on my own creations, and appreciate what other talented artisans are creating.  There is a wealth of beautiful, handcrafted goodies on Etsy, and in the not-too-distant future, my own creations will be available there too.


If there is one thing that I have learnt from compiling these treasuries, it is that quality photographs are essential!


Thanks for looking, and be well!


4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Belinda, for featuring me in your "On The Spice Trail" treasury! It's beautiful!! Congrats on the FP as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful monochromatic treasuries! Yes, they are fun to create & addictive with the added bonus of discovering some new artists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, you are SO welcome! I am almost beside myself with excitement that my little treasury made the FP of Etsy :-)) I hope that the exposure brings lots of clicks (and sales!) your way, love your work! ;-)

    Thanks so much, Debbie! It is so much fun to create these treasuries, and I have a new appreciation for the many talented artisans out there :-) And it makes me very excited to get my own creations up for sale there, because it is such a dynamic, supportive community!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

B.
-xo-